There are a million things you can do with a few sheets of paper, from classics like an origami crane to a paper version of PSY that dances Gangnam Style, or even an M16 assault rifle. There's not much you can't make with paper.
If you're looking for something a little simpler, you can fold a piece of paper just right to create a sound explosion. It's called a paper popper, and the pop it creates is loud enough to make some jittery folks jump if you sneak up behind them.
To make the loud pop, which resembles the sound of a whip cracking, you just hold the popper and thrust it down as fast as you can. This forces air into the flaps, which forces them to pop out at a very high speed. This creates a kind of vacuum, and the air rushes in to fill the space so quickly that it causes a loud popping sound.
All you need to make one is a single sheet of paper. Check out the video below to learn how to fold it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades