Lighten up your office with this quick and easy prank.
- A chair with a pneumatic pressure release
- Electrical or packing tape
- An unsuspecting coworker
Choose a coworker with a good sense of humor, and get in before them one morning, or wait until they step out to lunch.
Make sure the office chair that your coworker uses has a pneumatic pressure release underneath to regulate its height.
Tape the lever to the bottom of the chair. This leaves the valve completely open.
For extra fun, put tape loops on the bottom of the chair's wheels, which will make it difficult to roll the chair around.
Wait for the fun to start. When your coworker arrives for work or returns from lunch, the chair will sink all the way down when they sit on it.
When your coworker stands up to see what's wrong, the chair will return to its highest setting. Hopefully your coworker will sit down again and repeat the hilarious process.
Fact: Charles Darwin created one of the first modern office chairs by adding wheels to a regular chair, which allowed him to get to his specimens more quickly.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades