The idea is to trick your roommate into opening a can of oatmeal that will be booby-trapped. The outcome will be hilarious, considering your roommate doesn't punch you in the face.
As far as tools and materials go, you'll need the following:
- 1 can of oatmeal
- 1 balloon
- 1 safety pin
- 1 piece of string
- Cutting tool
- Object to puncture holes / screwdriver
1. Empty out the oats into a separate container.
2. Cut off the bottom of the can using a blade.
3. Blow up a balloon that will fit perfectly inside the can of oatmeal.
4. Open the safety pin and tie the piece of string to it.
5. Tape the safety pin on the balloon, make sure that it's pointing up.
6. Push the balloon inside the can as far in as possible.
7. Puncture 2 holes on the side of the lid.
8. Tie the other end of the string to the holes you made on the lid.
9. Fill the can with as many oats as you can.
10. Put the lid back on the can, make sure the string is not visible.
Now you're wondering how the prank is suppose to work? Well, it's pretty simple. When the lid is removed, the string attached will pull on the safety pin that is taped on the balloon. Because the safety pin is placed in such a way, it will cause the balloon to pop, thus exposing the bottom of the can... oats will fly all over the place!
Make sure to leave the can where you know your roommate will get it. This is a pretty messy prank, though easy to clean up. Just make sure you roommate can take a joke.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.