Earlier this week, we learned that you can get people to put more money in a tip jar simply by drawing eyes on it. But what if you want to keep them away from something? Eyes can do that, too, especially when they're Putin's.
He started with a "super ugly" frame from Ikea, then spray-painted it gold and found a scary photo of Putin. The eyelids are attached to an Arduino-controlled infrared proximity sensor that makes them open when you get close enough, but if you actually reach for the treasure it's guarding, the eyes light up. Check out the video to see it in action.
Overflo has the code and more details on the setup over on his blog.
Obviously, you don't have to use Putin for this—you could easily replace him with your favorite villain to make it your own. It would make a great addition to your Halloween decorations, too. Just hang it above a bowl of candy on your front doorstep and find a hiding place where you can see what kind of reactions it gets.
Which bad guy would you use?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades