Changing the hold music piped into your company phone is a prank some callers will appreciate—depending on what you replace it with.
You Will Need
* A set of cojones
* Access to the radio that feeds the company telephones
Step 1: Access the radio
Access the radio that feeds the company telephones. It is located next to the PBX box that controls the radio.
Step 2: Change the station
Change the station to something controversial, like a shock jock, an evangelical preacher, rap music, or a heavy-metal station.
If you want to keep your job, don't pick anything _too_ offensive.
Step 3: Enjoy the fallout
Enjoy the brouhaha that ensues after one of the company executives hears from a disgruntled client.
Fact: A group called Pipedown International persuaded London's Gatwick Airport to stop playing piped "elevator music" after their survey revealed that more people dislike it than like it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades