1 box of detergent (should be at least 3/4 full)
1 foot of string
Cutting tool and sharp object, such as screwdriver
- Empty out the box into another container.
- On the bottom of the box, make 3 cuts to make a flap, bend that flap up and down to make it loose.
- Using a screwdriver, puncture a hole on the flap.
- Tie a knot on one end of the string and run it up, though the hole you made.
- Make sure the bottom is flat and with a wet rag, begin to swab the inside.
- Take a hand full of detergent and sprinkle it inside the box (when moist detergent dries, it will act as an adhesive, keeping the flap in place).
- When ready, start filling the box with detergent.
- With the screwdriver, pierce trough the bottom of the measuring cup and on the side.
- Put the string through those holes and tie it.
- Place the measuring cup inside the box and add more detergent on top to hide the string.
Lastly, close the box and that's it. No one will know the box is booby trapped until it's too late.
When your victims open the detergent box, it will look normal. So when they load up their washer and are about to put detergent into the machine by picking up the measuring cup, the string attached will pull up the flap below, making a big opening, causing all the detergent to fall out all over the place, in the process making a huge mess!
Check out the Instructional video!
Enjoy this harmless, yet funny prank!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.